Homemade Halloween Preschool Crafts
Homemade Halloween preschool crafts and fun, children Halloween games go together perfectly. Use the ideas here to make the month of October fun for your entire family. With the anticipation of the upcoming costume and candy holiday, kids are bound to be quite excited. Help them channel all the extra energy with some homemade crafts and lots of fun games!
If your having a party these crafts will be a wonderful, fun and easy activity. I almost forgot to mention, it will be cheap too. It's always nice when you can provide lots of fun for your kids and not have to spend a lot of money to do it.
Homemade Gooey Green Slime
The first of the homemade Halloween preschool crafts is Gooey Green Slime.
To make your green slime you will need:
- 2 Glass Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 2 cups of Elmer's Glue
- Green Food Coloring
- 4 Teaspoons of Borax
- 1 1/3 cups of Warm Water1
Gather your ingredients and put everything on the counter or table where you will make your green slime.
- In the first bowl,combine the warm water, the Elmer's Glue and the food coloring.
- Take the second bowl and combine the 4 teaspoons of Borax along with 1 1/3 cups of warm water.
- Make sure the ingredients in both bowls dissolve.
- Without stirring or mixing...combine the first bowl into the second bowl.
- Lift out the flubber green slime!
Using glass bowls allows your children to see the ingredients and the chemical reaction when they are combined. You can store your Green Slime in Ziploc bags.
Hand Print Spider Another Halloween Preschool Crafts
To make a Hand Print Spider you will need the following materials:
- White Construction Paper
- Black Paint...get children's craft paint so it's safe
- Wiggle Eyes...2 per spider
Gather all your materials and here's what you will do with them.
Paint your child's four fingers and palm black.
- Don't put any paint on the thumb.
- You must press your child's hand onto the construction paper.
- Now do the next hand.
- When you press this hand on the paper let the palm prints on the paper overlap.
- The palm prints will become the spider's body.
- The finger prints on either side will become the spider's legs.
- Put glue on your wiggle eyes and place them in the front of the palm prints or the spider's body.
How does it look? You are all done, now, isn't that about the easiest Halloween preschool crafts idea you ever used?
Here's another very simple homemade Halloween preschool crafts idea...Spider Hat. What's great about these craft ideas for kids is that you can use them for your younger and your older children. They are fun for everyone...even you Mom!
Here's what you will need to make the Spider Hats:
- Black Construction Paper
- Scissors...safety scissors for the kids or let the adult in charge cut.
- Wiggle Eyes
Now here's how to make your Spider Hats:
- Cut the construction paper into strips.
- Staple the strips together so it will fit around your child's head. (You can also put tape over the staples so they can't scratch or use glue) This will be the body of the spider hat.
- Cut your remaining strips in half and let each child fold 8 of the strips in an accordion fashion. These are the spider's legs.
- Put glue on one end of the leg and attach it to the "body". The leg will hang down off the body.
- Put the other 7 legs onto the body using the glue.
- Let your glue dry.
- Now glue the wiggly eyes onto the front of your spider's body.
- Your spider hat is completed! Make sure to take a picture of your completed Spider Hats.
What do you think so far? Aren't these homemade Halloween preschool crafts fun and easy...told you! I'll bet you are having as much fun as the kids are, I know I did!
Foot Print Ghosts
Here is what you will need to make these homemade Foot Print Ghosts:
- Black Construction Paper
- Wiggly Eyes
- White Crafts Paint...make sure it's safe for your kids.
- A Tub or Pan or Container large enough to dip a foot in
- Black Marker
- Newspaper to line your floor
Gather together your crafting supplies and bring them to your work table. In my house our craft work table is our kitchen table covered with a plastic table cloth or newspaper...usually. When I make Foot Print Ghosts I put a piece of newspaper on the floor. I put my pan down there, and I also put my construction paper down there...along with some paper towels to wrap my child's foot in. Read the instructions so you will know how to "line" your work area!
Here's how to make your Foot Print Ghosts:
- Pour a little bit of paint into the container you've supplied.
- Dip your child's foot into the white paint.
- Press your child's foot onto the construction paper.
- Let the foot print dry.
- Clean off your child's foot.
- When the foot print is dry, glue on two wiggly eyes to the heel print part of the "ghost".
- Use the black marker to make eyes if you don't have the wiggly kind.
Isn't it amazing how easy these craft ideas are? Yet they are so much fun and easy enough for your preschooler to make, and did I mention cheap? The best part about these homemade Halloween crafts is the special time your family is spending together while your making them. These are memories you will cherish your entire life Mom, and so will your children
To make this fun kids Halloween craft idea, Glitter Ghosts, you will need:
Sounds easy enough, right? Okay, here's how to make a Glitter Ghost:
- White Glue
- Wax Paper
- Spread your wax paper onto your work surface. (LOL Kitchen table!)
- Use the glue to make the shape of a ghost on the wax paper. It's your ghost, make it any size you like as long as it fits on your wax sheet!
- Sprinkle your ghost shape with the glitter.
- Let it dry...overnight might be good depending on how big your ghost is and how much glue you used.
- When your glue is Completely dried, peel it off the wax paper.
- You can then stick it on a window.
- Make lots more!
Another wonderful Halloween preschool crafts idea and it only takes a few minutes.
The Witch Hat is another very easy Halloween preschool crafts idea that the entire family will enjoy making.
Here are the craft materials you will need:
- Large Black Paper (this is for the cone)
- Stiff Black Paper (this is for the brim)
- Scissors...safety scissors or let the adult do the cutting!
Now for the fun part, how to make your Witch Hats
This will be completed shortly~
Hope you have enjoyed the Halloween preschool crafts so far...more will be coming soon.
Look, you can get some fun, children Halloween games at the link right under this. That's another fun part of the Halloween holiday! There are so many wonderful and fun things to do...play games, make some Halloween preschool crafts, bake and decorate holiday cupcakes...make some fun, but gross food recipes, carve pumpkins, make homemade decorations and put them up. Halloween is one of my favorite holiday seasons!
Get some Fun Children Halloween Games!!!
Here are some more Halloween resources you can take a look at. You will find great costume ideas for the entire family from the baby, to the kids to the teens to you, the adults. You can also find some good Halloween party ideas and supplies and lots of decorating accessories for this October 31st.
Babys Costumes | Boys Costumes | Girls Costumes | Teen Costumes | Womens Costumes | Scary Costumes | Top 10 Masks | Halloween Props and Decorations
Go from Homemade Halloween Preschool Crafts to Craft Ideas
Top | Home |
Halloween Costumes |
Kids Party Ideas | Cupcake Ideas |
Pinatas | Party Favors | Halloween Masks | Holiday Party Ideas | Halloween Party Supplies | Supply Catalogs | Coloring Pages | Contact Party Ideas | Twilight Party | Party Games | Party Recipes | Party Ideas Blog